Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Manifesto for Growth

Typography II, Journal: Jan 27

From the Bruce Mau Manifesto for Growth...

(#3) Process is more important than outcome.
When the outcome drives the process we will only ever go to where we've already been. If process drives outcome we may not know where we’re going, but we will know we want to be there.

This is something I need to work on. I usually run with one of the first ideas I think of, which is usually good, but I've seen the advantages of process-oriented design. It's that first stage of early development of ideas I have trouble with.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this a really common issue. I have trouble looking at a white screen. Paralyzes me. That is where immersing yourself in research of color, imagery, texture, subject matter, etc. helps to create a pile of potential directions that are stronger and more conceptual.

    ReplyDelete